8/20/2013

Sink Stalking and China Ogling

I don't know a lick of Spanish, yet I regularly go to Spanish decorating magazines for inspiration. Who needs words when you've got awesome photography, right? Well, on a recent journey to Elle Decor España, I found this funky yet utilitarian bathroom...

I immediately fell for the scalloped sink and went on a mission to track it down. Low and behold it is designed by Paola Navone*, the Italian who designed the entire space featured in the Elle Decor España spread. The sink is called Doppio zero by Ceramica Flaminia. Mission accomplished. 


Other than the sink, I loved the lively graphic cement tiles that were used on the floors. The monochromatic color palette keeps them from looking too crazy... 

And I also have to proclaim my love for the freestanding tub. I chickened out on painting mine black and seeing this definitely fires up the urge again!
Photos by Max Zambelli 

*Incidentally, Paola Navone is also the mastermind behind some collections of china that I've been coveting for years. Made by Reichenbach, "Taste" is exquisite. The style is an ideal blend of traditional and modern. The shapes are abstracted, yet straighforward. One of the things I love best is that each piece of the service has its own personality reflected by a subtle, unique design detail. Along with classic white, the iconic pattern is now produced in blue and gold and I want every piece in every color. I wish it had been around when I got married!! I'm seriously obsessed...






Not of the Taste family, this one was labeled Light Blue Glaze, but I had to include it because the image was just too perfect...


Lots of meandering thoughts today! Any feedback to share? What do you think of the scalloped sink? Do you like the wacky mix of cement tiles? And are you adoring Paola Navone's "Taste" china as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment